Thursday, March 20, 2014

QUESTION #3


QUESTION: HOW ARE EMOTIONS RAISED BY A WORK OF ART DIFFERENT FROM TYPICAL HUMAN EMOTIONS? (FOR EXAMPLE, IS A "SAD" PHOTOGRAPH DIFFERENT FROM ANOTHER EXPERIENCE OF A SADNESS? IF SO, HOW?)

When you look at a photo of a child who's been beaten your emotions toward that are different from how you feel if you were told that a child was beaten. You obviously feel strong emotions for both but the way you feel them are different. If I was that picture it would make me want to cry and help that child right away, go find them and take care of them. Where as the 'story' if you will, makes me feel very sad obviously and that i'd never want my children to have to endure that, but there is no connection for me. I can't see the child's face or the scars and bruises they have, I can't feel for them and the pain they've experienced so i feel slightly out of touch or distant.

No comments:

Post a Comment